Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The year of Balance


The year of Balance has begun! The last 12 month have been the most self developing months in my life. I have conquered many of my fears and in the process found a love for LIFE! 12 months ago the idea of approaching a group of gorgeous girls was not even a thought. I would be smothered with anxiety weeks before going out and working on new exsues to avoid social scenarios . I was blessed to have a wingman named Phil who unlike me had the balls to go out in the field instead of hiding at home. I rember the night that Phil convinced me to go out to a night club. We agreed to get together to talk game but it soon turned into my first night in field. I coudnt speak a bit that night i was so scared but it opened my world to pushing my comfort zone. Since my first night in field, I have constally been pushing my comfort zone as much as i can. I have done some of the dumbest social thing imaginable from looking like a fool in front of hundreds of groups, to purposley not wearing deodrant to night clubs, to dressing like a geek for a month straight, to getting in the worst phsycial shape of my life, to putting water stains on my private part, to saying some of the most disgustingly non logical things to girls imaginable. While most would label these acts juvenile, to me they had a much greater purpose. They helped me get past a big chunk of my social anxiety. When you strip yourself of society ideals, all you are left with is your core self. What has devopled from these acts is a much more core confident man. While the path i have taken to eliminate a huge chunk of my society programmning was necessary, allot of these bizzaar experiments no longer are needed. This comming year i will began to balance out my life and get myself back in shape. I will continue to hit the field but with a much better sense of who I am. I will began to take part in other hobies i enjoy. What i am saying is PU will not run my whole life like it did last year. I will be getting in the best physcial shape of my life, going to church, training in martial arts with Leigh, continue persuing my love for poker, getting a 3.0 or higher Gpa, and expanding my social network.

No comments: